For many tourists cultural Festivals are a highlight of their travel experiences and the NT has some utterly unique offerings.
Dry season sees remote NT come alive with extraordinary festivals that feature and celebrate Indigenous cultures and their contemporary expressions encompassing song, dance, art, food and much more.
The following Festivals are in remote communities or have a high level of Indigenous focus and participation.
- Tiwi Grand Final – Bathurst Island – March
- Kakadu Taste – Kakadu – May
- Merrepen Festival – Naiyu – May/June
- Barunga Festival – Beswick – June
- Desert Harmony – Tennant Creek – August
- Garma Festival – Yirrkala – August
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair – August
- Desert Mob Marketplace – Alice Springs – September
- Mahbilil Festival – Jabiru – September
- Kakadu Bird Week – Kakadu NP – October